Eggs moving for two days yesterday hatch date, no chicks. HELP!

Not to worry. If your temp is 99 they can arrive a few hrs later. The lower the temp the longer it takes for them to hatch. The higher the quicker they will hatch. I keep my LG at 100. It went up to 101 and I had some chicks hatch on day 19. I had just taken the egg turner out the night before and set them for hatching and the next morning I came out to some chicks already hatched. What a surprise as they were supposed to have 2 more days before they were supposed to hatch. Also they may take 24 hrs to hatch after they have pipped. Good luck and have fun!!!

Last edited:
My two pips havent gotten any further than a ctack in the shell. No wait there are three pips.

Last edited:
I use a Little Giant. I have a PC-fan-converted-to-incubator-fan running in it. But I've also done this without the fan.

When I go into lockdown, I put in a sponge. To get more water into the incubator, I use a bendy-straw with a bottle that looks like a squeeze ketchup bottle. The nipple of it fits right into the straw. I squirt the water in through the straw. I move the straw from reservoir to reservoir and to the sponge. I make sure I always have water in there. I can then close off the vents (a little or a lot) to further up the humidity but I never close off all the vents so I can keep air flowing.

I used to have an LG and I did the same karmlacres - ran a straw through one of the vent holes and added water to the channels and to a sponge if it started to get dry.

How are those babies doing? Hopefully you've got some little ones
smile.png
The pipped ones can take awhile to pop out - it's quite a bit of work busting through the shell so they will often rest for awhile. On the other hand sometimes you'll won't even have a pip, then you'll go back and check again and there's a baby
smile.png

Im hoping to have some little ones soon. Its been about six hours since pip. Nothing yet. One they hatch I'll take pics.

It can take a while my first hatch the eggs piped and 24 hrs later i had a chick. just depends on them.

on another note this am i had one egg almost fully zipped. i went to work and came back expecting a chick and nope - no progress...

i decided to take it out to look at it and the membrane had stuck to the chick and i used a moist clean sponge to try to unstick it.

I got the membrane loosened and found that the egg/membrane had stuck to the chicks head and wings. so now it is out of its shell.

i don't feel bad for what i did because if i would have left her in there she could have never gotten out. but i would not intervene unless you have to.

this is what the egg looked like this am

P1050551-1.jpg

8 hrs later poor thing still stuck.

Back
Top Bottom