Eggs popping out everywhere!

poultrygeist

Songster
10 Years
Sep 4, 2009
Hunterdon Cty. NJ
So many eggs, so little time!

40569_001.jpg

It is dual purpose, as it lets me know which eggs are the freshest for selling or consuming. They are also labled with a letter which corresponds to the name of the bird. Then they get charted by the day.

Quote:
Wish I was that organized!!! We just have a big(Huge, really) bowl in the fridge and I rotate them when I sell them. The ones on the bottom go first. One customer takes 3 dozen every 2 weeks or less. But I still have a ton of eggs - we are getting 16 a day now!!

i wish i had that many eggs i get 2 or 3 a day and i use them for hatching and im not even that organized, you think i would be because of the hatching and records but no!!

"They are also labled with a letter which corresponds to the name of the bird."

Okay, so this might be a silly question, but how do you know which bird laid each egg?
I have seven birds laying three eggs a day and I don't even know who's laying already and who hasn't started yet!

I know who did what because I have a monitor pointing at them, and right now I'm watching Klessey our white Plymouth Rock give us a beautiful pinkish brown egg!

I wash and place eggs in egg cartons daily, easier to rotate a whole dozen on refrigerator shelf than individually yes?

I would love to have time, and spy equipment, to see who lays what and where. My girls are all too modest and I'm too poor.
I get around 11 to 12 eggs daily from 13 hens.
smile.png

I don't keep them in cartons. I use 24 count mini muffin tins and stack them 3 tall. 72 eggs in less space than 36 in cartons. Just move them up as you take them, as this let's me play with all those gorgeous eggs!

Back
Top Bottom