Eggs rocking around for 3 days but no peeps yet

KarliRae

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 9, 2012
At about what day do the eggs start moving? And how long do they usually move for before pipping or peeping?

We locked down on day 17 (on accident) and saw the eggs wobbling a little. It is now day 20 and the eggs are still wobbling but no peeping yet. Though it seems the eggs have somewhat settled into a pointy-end downward orientation.

I have opened the vents, humidity is at 62%. My digital thermometer reads 100.6 (it is not able to be calibrated) but my bulb thermometer reads 99.5.

It is my first time incubating so I am obviously trying to make sure I am doing everything right. :)

Thanks!

At about what day do the eggs start moving? And how long do they usually move for before pipping or peeping?

We locked down on day 17 (on accident) and saw the eggs wobbling a little. It is now day 20 and the eggs are still wobbling but no peeping yet. Though it seems the eggs have somewhat settled into a pointy-end downward orientation.

I have opened the vents, humidity is at 62%. My digital thermometer reads 100.6 (it is not able to be calibrated) but my bulb thermometer reads 99.5.

It is my first time incubating so I am obviously trying to make sure I am doing everything right. :)

Thanks!
Around day 17/18 it is natural to see some rocking because the chick is positioning itself, head under wing, beak up for hatch. Many times after the initial rocking they will rest and you won't see movement again until they are attempting the pips.

Like Chicken Canoe said, looks like everything is on schedule.

Good luck on the hatch.

Great! Thank you! I think it might take a few days longer because we were going by the digital thermometer and it is reading a full degree higher so I think we actually had the chicks at around 98.5 degree for days 10-17. Do you think they will still hatch ok?

I put 8 eggs in the incubator and so far have 4 chicks out in the brooder! One more has pipped and 3 have no activity yet. So at least a 50% hatch rate for my first hatch!

Back
Top Bottom