Eggs Set Today March 20th...Anyone Else???

babychicksneggs

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 20, 2013
Hello everyone, new member here at BYC but guest for a while. I just bought a used GQF 1202 Cabinet Incubator with all its accessories, Water Reservoir and eggs and quail trays and filled it up with eggs. I have 248 quail eggs due on the 6th of April and 294 Chicken eggs (White Leghorns Shipped from ebay, Production Reds, French Black Cooper Marans, RIR, RIW, and BPR, all due April 11th. Anyone wants to join the FUN???

Welcome to BYC!!!

My friend Mary here on BYC, (NotAFarm) is setting eggs today! You should PM her.

I've done a "spring/Easter" hatch every year now for the past 4 years. FUN!

Chicks due soon!!!

Thanks Mahonri, and congrats on your coming hatch...i'll PM NotAFarm and see if she wants to join......
cool.png

Update On Eggs:

Quail Eggs: 140 chicks hatched today, still over 100 eggs......Due date for hatching is tomorrow the 6th.

White Leghorns: Bouth 10 dozens on ebay and all 120 eggs were either unfertiled or spoiled.......
somad.gif
.....lost over $90

French Black Copper Marans: Bought one dozen on ebay and received 2 extas, out of the 14 eggs 2 were unfertiled and the rest are developing. due on the 19th.

Production Red: Bought 150 Eggs from a local farm, 15 were unfertiled and the rest are developing due on the 11th.

Rhode Island Reds:Bought one dozen from ebay and 10 were unfertiled only 2 are developing due on the 20th.

Rhode Island Whites: Bought 2 dozens from ebay and 21 were unfertiled only 3 are developing due on the 19th.

Barred Plymouth Rock: Bought 18 eggs from ebay and 14 were unfertiled only 4 are developing due on the 19th.

Barnyard Mix: After tossing away the White Leghorn eggs i bought another 10 dozens of barnyard mix locally, 5 were unfertiled and the rest are developing.

Lesson Learned: Won't buy any more eggs on ebay........
old.gif

Sorry about your bad eBay experiences :( I set 12 Ancona duck eggs from eBay March 23rd and only one was infertile, but we still have another 2 weeks to go before they are due to hatch. Meanwhile, my Toulouse goose hatched one gosling out of 8 eggs night before last, so I fear the remaining 7 are duds. I also found one of my Orpington cross hens on a nest of 3 eggs a few days ago and am not sure how long she's been setting. Are you planning on selling your chicks?

Sorry about your bad eBay experiences
sad.png
I set 12 Ancona duck eggs from eBay March 23rd and only one was infertile, but we still have another 2 weeks to go before they are due to hatch. Meanwhile, my Toulouse goose hatched one gosling out of 8 eggs night before last, so I fear the remaining 7 are duds. I also found one of my Orpington cross hens on a nest of 3 eggs a few days ago and am not sure how long she's been setting. Are you planning on selling your chicks?

hi there seahen, the deal with ebay is that it all depends on the seller you buy from. for example, my french marans are doing great 12 fertile out of 14 is not bad but comparing to the white leghorns i ordered, all 10 dozens were either rotten or unfertiled. I candled them before putting them in my incubator an tossed to the trash 42 eggs that were SPOILED, in other words when candled they were black on the inside. i set the rest of the leghorns an candled them 7 days later and all of them were clear.the only ebay order im pleased with are the marans......oh well..... and yes im plannig on selling the chicks at the fleamarket, the other RIR, RIW, and BPR were for crossing for the sex link hybrids but it doesnt look that good with the 9 eggs developing of the 3 breeds i ordered, lets see whats the end result. I'm just keeping the marans and probably 20 pullets of the Production Reds.....Congrats on your duck fertile eggs, hopefully everything turns out ok.....
fl.gif
......im also crossing fingers on my marans.......congrats also on your gosling....one is better than none.

Update on quails: end count were 185 baby quails out of 248 eggs that gives me somewhere in the 75% - ish area.

Update on Production Red hatch: bought 150, 15 eggs were unfertiled.....135 went to lockdown and 105 hatched today, going to give the rest till tomorrow to see if there is any late chicks hatchng.

will post some pics tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom