Eggs started to hatch!

Chive

Poultry Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2023
Vermont
22 days ago I put 24 barnyard mix hatching eggs in the incubator. Then, about 2 days after that I put 15 Cream Legbar eggs in the incubator. Unfortunately it looked like only one of the Cream Legbar eggs developed 😞. I left 4 other CL eggs in there that looked like they might still have some hope left but I’m pretty sure they don’t. All the barnyard mix eggs were developing :woot, so I had 29 eggs left. I’m currently away from home, so my friends are taking care of my chickens. They went to check on the incubator yesterday and found some chicks! Yesterday they said that 15 had hatched and that there are still 14 eggs left. Today is day 22, so most of them have probably hatched by now. I’m so sad that I’m not there right now:hit! Here are some pictures that my friends took yesterday.

Attachments

• 123-1.JPEG
    123-1.JPEG
    277.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 123-1 (1).JPEG
    123-1 (1).JPEG
    244.1 KB · Views: 11
Nice …. What kind of incubator do u have ?? What’s a good brand that u have used
The incubator that I use is a Hova Bator Egg Incubator 1602N with Circulated Air Fan Kit. It works really well for me and I haven’t had any problems with it. I got it since I was hatching big batches of quail eggs and I needed an incubator that could hatch a bigger amount of eggs.

Back
Top Bottom