Eggs starting to Peep. I have some Questions. UPDATE Just Hatched PICS

rhino533

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 21, 2011
Thailand
I have 5 eggs in the incubator on Day 20. Two of my eggs have peeped and 3 others still haven't but the eggs are moving around a lot so they will probably soon. This is my first hatch so I just want to make sure I'm/will doing everything right. Here are a few Questions:

1. Should I wait till all eggs have hatched fully before removing any chicks?
2. Once they peep how long usually before they completely hatch?
3. Is there ever a point when I should help them hatch?
4. What should the temp be in the incubator once they have hatched? 37.5c/99.5F or should I set it a bit less?
5. They will need food and water after 48hrs is this right?
6. I have RIR-RIW mix what’s the best way to sex them?

This is exciting. It good to know my homemade incubator works. I have another batch or eggs waiting to go into the incubator after all the chicks have hatched. wowowoowow:D

Last edited:
Quote:

6/6- 100%, she nailed it and good luck to you and your new chicks.

So you have no clue about sexing either right?
lol.png

wow, I was wrong. either way (if I got the calc right) it says:
50% Pullets, black patterned red (incomplete) columbian clearnecked
50% Cockerels, black patterned red (incomplete) columbian clearnecked
sounds challenging.

#6 wait for them to crow or lay an egg...

You can't use a solid white white bird to sex-link birds. It has to be a white with a blemish. Such as a Delaware... The ss allows coding for silver.

Quote:
6/6- 100%, she nailed it and good luck to you and your new chicks.

lol.png

I know how to sex them by the wing feathers but not to sure if you can do that with Rhode island breeds. If I vent them this will be my first time doing that and really don't have any idea how to.

Quote:
lol.png

I know how to sex them by the wing feathers but not to sure if you can do that with Rhode island breeds. If I vent them this will be my first time doing that and really don't have any idea how to.

You can google it, but you have to be really careful with chicks and the only time I tried it, I could not find that supposed BUMP anywhere and half of them were roos.

Back
Top Bottom