Eggs still life

chefgian

Songster
9 Years
May 10, 2011
Stow, OH.
Hey everyone. I am trying my hand at photography. Let me know what you think. This is a picture of some of my serama, easter egger, rir, frizzle, golden laced wyandot and salmon faverole eggs and feathers with a bowl I inherited from my Mom.

love.gif

I think I'd try it with the bowl laying on its side, like a spilled cornucopia. I think in its current position, it looks more like it has been dropped, but none of the eggs are broken. Also, it appears the lay out is on one flat floor. Can you put another board or a drape in the background? I'm just trying to imagine it as if it were in the art studio, back in my art major days. I always found the hardest parts of creating a painting were the original design, (you know, getting it right from the start?), and the first brush strokes. Either way, enjoy the creative process...I haven't had time to give to my art for some years now.....I'm jealous! Have fun and let's see the end product!

mm

I like this photo, but as in any creative process there are so many ways to improve your work. The background is too dark and gives the picture a sinister look. I like how the bowl provides tension in that it could possibly break those eggs. I can almost see the eggs rolling about and possibly getting lost forever in the darkness. Experiment with texture and provide a contrast with all those smooth surfaces (eggshells and bowl) and put them on top of light colored straw. Change the angle of your lighting (flash) and see what happens.

Truly the best advice I can give is to make sure you have plenty of batteries for your camera.

Back
Top Bottom