Eggs the just don't develop at all

Fat roosters that have been killed with too much kindness is probably the leading reason for zero development, while a poor diet (there's that food thing again) is a leading reason that chicks quit developing.

Do some reading or research on the effects of a lack of micro-nutrients on the developing chick.

Well I was referencing shipped to eggs I can't control how they feed their chickens or Roosters just drives me crazy when I see you all these eggs at either simply do nothing or get halfway to the end and stop

Well I was referencing shipped to eggs I can't control how they feed their chickens or Roosters just drives me crazy when I see you all these eggs at either simply do nothing or get halfway to the end and stop
I stopped buying shipped eggs, Ive bought near 60 in all, and never had more than 2 or 3 hatch. Shipped eggs are just a waste of my money, to many problems can occur and you cant control that. Sorry they havent been hatching for you either. When I hatch my own chicks I get 70% + hatch rate always.

Reasons other than those things mentioned already - Old eggs (from time laid), old or very young hens, shaken/scrambled during shipping are things that come to mind quickly. (And before coffee lol!)

I don’t think shipped eggs are a total waste, but much depends on how they post office handles them, and packing by the seller is of utmost importance!

Last edited:
Reasons other than those things mentioned already - Old eggs (from time laid), old or very young hens, shaken/scrambled during shipping are things that come to mind quickly. (And before coffee lol!)

I don’t thinks shipped eggs are a total waste, but much depends on how they post office handles them, and packing by the seller is of utmost importance!

************ SOME REASONS SHIPED EGGS DON"T HATCH ***********
Very old hens, very young pullets, extremely young cockerels, cocks who are over the hill, a whole constellation of defective flock management on the sellers part, temperature issues during shipping, old eggs, eggs being shaken or addled, poor nutrition in the hens and roosters. There are other issues that can be the sellers fault, then there are another group of issues that can be traced to the buyer. When setting shipped eggs you are always starting from behind. Oh, I almost forgot to mention handling the eggs with oily hands. I have ordered eggs many times before and I have enjoyed 100% and 0% hatches, from the same seller in the same year. Good luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom