eggs turning until placed in incubator

candyschicks

Hatching
Dec 27, 2015
As you will see i am VERY new to raising chickens. My husband looked at the history on my iPad and saw that i had looked at the 1502 GQF incubator many times over the last few months. I really wanted one, but being an old lady I was afraid I wouldn't understand how to properly use it. Well Christmas morning what a surprise there sat that beautiful incubator! Now everyone knows my story and how insecure I am about the process, my question is can the 1502 be used as an egg turner while collecting enough eggs to start the incubator. I only have 35 orpingtons, and some are just now laying. I unfortunately ended up with 4 extra roosters that were sold as hens, they were 22 weeks old and all looked the same when purchased. I am never going to fill the bator up, but Im getting 6 eggs a day and would like to collect for 7-8 days.

As you will see i am VERY new to raising chickens. My husband looked at the history on my iPad and saw that i had looked at the 1502 GQF incubator many times over the last few months. I really wanted one, but being an old lady I was afraid I wouldn't understand how to properly use it. Well Christmas morning what a surprise there sat that beautiful incubator! Now everyone knows my story and how insecure I am about the process, my question is can the 1502 be used as an egg turner while collecting enough eggs to start the incubator. I only have 35 orpingtons, and some are just now laying. I unfortunately ended up with 4 extra roosters that were sold as hens, they were 22 weeks old and all looked the same when purchased. I am never going to fill the bator up, but Im getting 6 eggs a day and would like to collect for 7-8 days.

Welcome to BYC! I have no experience with that incubator. I would love to get one but I just don't have the money and I don't like automatic egg rotators. You don't have to turn the eggs until you begin to incubate eggs.

Welcome! You came to the right place. This site is full of helpful people. When you get a chance check out the learning center, it is a great place to get lots of good info.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
I have not yet tried my hand at incubation, it is in my 5 year plan. But I would think that anyone who could run an ipad, can run an incubator ;). Look at the incubation thread, they should be able to walk you through it.
It is great to meet you!

Thanks Birdrain92, someone told me differently, but that relieves that stress! ill just start putting them in the racks small side down until i run it.

Thanks Birdrain92, someone told me differently, but that relieves that stress! ill just start putting them in the racks small side down until i run it.
Glad to relieve the stress. When watching my duck and peahen she will not touch her eggs until she has a complete clutch. Then she'll start incubating eggs and will rotate them. Until then her eggs won't be touched.

Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

jumpy.gif
D.gif
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom