eggs upside down

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kjt135, May 24, 2012.

1. kjt135

kjt135 Chirping

Mar 26, 2012
    Small town KY
    Hi,
    I have eggs that go into lockdown sunday. Just candled again tonight and have 3 upside in bator . EE eggs dark green and hard to see inside of. I could see veining in them all along but not much, Tonight for some reason I decided to put light on top of egg and check--- that's where all the veining is at and I think the air sac. Will lay them on their sides in lockdown, anything I can do about this now or just wait and hope they hatch?

2. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Songster

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    Just wait and hope they hatch. Are you sure the airsac is on the small end of the egg?

3. kjt135

kjt135 Chirping

Mar 26, 2012
    Small town KY
    Not really There seems to be a space on both ends, But like I said kinda hard to see for sure.

4. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Songster

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    All my eggs have a space at both ends before hatching. But when you hold the light to the big end you can see a circle where the airsac ends. when you put it at the small end you don't see the circle.
    When eggs are hard to see in I just leave them in the incubator and hope for the best. I had one dark brown egg i couldn't see in at all. It hatched fine without me shining a flashlight in it. :) The rest got tortured with the light every couple of days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: