Eggs weren't labeled and having trouble identifying one of them!

TheCrazyChick

Songster
7 Years
I hatched out 5 peeps last week. I am pretty sure that one is a barred rock, 2 are buffed rocks and one is a blue cochin. However, the fifth one is confusing me.

The options are the following ... Ameraucana, Barred Rock, Buff Orp, Buffed Rock, Lavender Orp, Blue Orp, Blue Wyandotte, Blue Marans or Silver Phoenix. The egg was light brown/beige in color. I am thinking a Wyandotte, but definitely not a blue one. Maybe a Marans? Ameraucana with a brown egg? Any thoughts?

I'm inclined to say orpington, due to the leg color. It has a single comb, so we can rule out wyandotte, and it's certainly not a phoenix. It can't be a barred rock either, and though it's possible that it's a maran, I'd have to go with lavender or blue orpington.

I'm inclined to say orpington, due to the leg color. It has a single comb, so we can rule out wyandotte, and it's certainly not a phoenix. It can't be a barred rock either, and though it's possible that it's a maran, I'd have to go with lavender or blue orpington.
Well, that would be lovely, but I can't find any pics online of lav or blue orps that have those cleopatra eyes, that's why I am so confused. Thanks for your opinion!

Back
Top Bottom