Eggs without a yoke

cowboy898

In the Brooder
May 14, 2015
I have a chicken (not sure which one) that is laying eggs without a yoke. I was getting one egg from every chicken every day ( I have 10) and now I am getting this yoke-less egg once or twice a week. What could be the cause of this and is it anything to worry about?

No, my hens are a year old. My next question is are the eggs ok to use or should I just get rid of them?

Those are special eggs ... Used for McDonalds egg white only sandwich ... Cholesterol free!

Seriously, sounds like your hen is either sick, or not eating right ...

I will have to find a way to find out which one is having the problem....... They're really are not under any stress, they eat lay eggs and sleep. how much stress can that be?

Anything can cause stress on a chicken. It could be as simple as a change in the pecking order, a new member of the flock, or a sudden change in weather. It doesn't take much mess with the laying cycle.

Anything can cause stress on a chicken. It could be as simple as a change in the pecking order, a new member of the flock, or a sudden change in weather. It doesn't take much mess with the laying cycle.

x2!

I did not think about that. I guess they do have a small world. Our weather down here has been crazy, hot, cold, and really rainy. If the chicken is sick will there be anything I can look for to figure out which one it is?

Back
Top Bottom