Eggs

You don't have to store eggs in the refrigerator, they'll be fine sitting on the kitchen counter for up to a month. If you are going to keep them longer than that or have washed them, then they can go in the fridge.

Personally, we never have eggs that last longer than a few days so usually we don't refrigerate them.

To keep them good for an extended period, or to protect them from being damaged... Eggs will be perfectly fine out on the counter if used within a week or two.
ETA Best not to wash them until you're going to use them, especially if you're going to keep them at room temperature.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. We keep our eggs on the kitchen counter but my friend keeps telling me that you must keep eggs in the fridge because otherwise they just go off in seconds but I keep telling him that you can keep them on the bench. But I thought that I mit just check what some one else recons.:/:p:p:barnie

Thanks for that. We keep our eggs on the kitchen counter but my friend keeps telling me that you must keep eggs in the fridge because otherwise they just go off in seconds but I keep telling him that you can keep them on the bench. But I thought that I mit just check what some one else recons.
hmm.png
tongue.png
:p:barnie
Hello Uralba
I may be reading this wrong but maybe your friend thinks that backyard eggs are like store bought eggs. I tell my friend that store bought eggs are washed and they take a couple of weeks to be shipped from the producer and a couple of weeks for the store to sell them. As you may know the bloom is the natural coating on the eggshell that seals the eggshell pores, once they are washed, the bloom is removed thus the shield that protected the egg from bacteria is voided. that is why they need to be refrigerated. We keep our eggs in a basket on the kitchen counter too, if they are dirty, we wash them just before we consume them.

Back
Top Bottom