Eggs

cow whisperer

Crowing
7 Years
Oct 24, 2016
Crewe, Virginia
I had a person ask me what's the difference between white and brown eggs plus to prove that brown eggs are healthier than white eggs. I personally think brown eggs are richer tasting than white eggs. Can anyone else help me provide the answer?

You should tell your friend about the rainbow of colors available in chicken eggs! :lol: let us know his reaction!
eggsofallcolors.png

(BTW, this is not my photo, I don't remember where I found it. If the photographer is viewing this, I apologize for saving/ sharing it without permission, and if requested, will remove or give you credit...)

Last edited:
My college degree is in Poultry production and I did a study on that very question for my senior project. I was amazed how many people believed that brown eggs were more nutritious then white eggs! And yet when I asked why they thought that was true, nobody had a good answer.

It's not the color of the shell that counts, but what the chickens eat....free range pasture raised eggs are not only much better tasting, but better nutritionally as well.

The sulfur
It's not the color of the shell that counts, but what the chickens eat....free range pasture raised eggs are not only much better tasting, but better nutritionally as well.

X2....and hens of either colored shells managed this way will produce eggs of equal quality, and superior to those managed more commercially

I had a person ask me what's the difference between white and brown eggs plus to prove that brown eggs are healthier than white eggs. I personally think brown eggs are richer tasting than white eggs. Can anyone else help me provide the answer?
I can not tell the difference----if I got brown and white egg layers in the same pen, eating the same thing I felt the eggs should taste the same---which they do to me??

The person who asked me said he couldn't tell the difference either and he wasn't going to switch from White eggs to brown eggs unless he had proof that brown eggs was indeed better than white eggs.

Well, of course there's a difference between store bought and country eggs seeing how the chickens in the country aren't kept in cages and forced to over produce like the chickens are that produce store bought eggs.

Back
Top Bottom