Eggs?

mommiesrcool

Free Ranging
Jul 6, 2020
Dn
Hi, I have two 16 weeks old RIR pullets and I had some questions,

1. Should I start mixing layer feed with the chick starter ( i am going to get layer feed since their around the age and I'm almost out of feed)

2. When should I open up the nesting boxes right now they are covered up because when they were little they would try to sleep in there but ever since I covered them they went on to the roost bars

3. No squatting egg song happened ONCE (because I took one of them inside to go clip their wing and the other one went crazy and started singing the egg song but once I brought the other one back she stopped singing. )

4. Do you think eggs are coming soon?

Little early but if you feel that "human urge" to give them some calcium, just put a bucket of oyster shell out for free choice. Their bodies let them know when they need the calcium to develop the egg shells. After they all are laying if you wish to put out layer feed, feel free to do so.

Nesting boxes, go ahead and open them up, it's time. If you notice them laying/sleeping in there, you can always close them up.

Little early but if you feel that "human urge" to give them some calcium, just put a bucket of oyster shell out for free choice. Their bodies let them know when they need the calcium to develop the egg shells. After they all are laying if you wish to put out layer feed, feel free to do so.

Nesting boxes, go ahead and open them up, it's time. If you notice them laying/sleeping in there, you can always close them up.
I am going to wait till their 17 weeks then I will go on and do half and a half with their feed and I have to clean out their house on the weekend and once I do that I will open up the boxes and put in some nesting pads that I have. Thank you For your response and help!

They are very timid of people so its a little hard to put my hand on their back to see if they squat but I'll update if anything happens

Back
Top Bottom