1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

eggs

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by novice, Oct 15, 2009.

1. novice

novice New Egg

Oct 15, 2009
    Hello everyone, Have some rescue chickens and some young bantams, (had them about 2 weeks) they rescue hens have laid 4 eggs (dont know which one) and the bantam has laid 3 again dont know which one. They have stopped laying now, is this normal this time of year? Help.[​IMG]

2. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    [​IMG]

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us! Now, I'm not sure about them not laying now, try posting in the chicken behaviors and egg laying section in the index. You should get an answer real soon.

4. Ol'FashionHen

Ol'FashionHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    The South
    [​IMG] from KY

5. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] from WI. Post the question in the 'Egglaying' thread and maybe give a little more info...how long no eggs, how old are the girls, maybe recent change in feed or environment? Good luck [​IMG]

6. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    A Warm Welcome from Western Washington.

7. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

[​IMG] from England! Glad you joined us!! Are the hens going bald in places? it may be because they are moulting, so wont lay.

8. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

9. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas size [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. the Old Rebel

the Old Rebel Rest in Peace -2011

May 12, 2007
    Hendersonville NC
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from North Carolina!!! I ditto the molting question. When chickens lose their feathers in the Fall getting ready for winter, they quit laying for awhile. But do try the other categories. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by