eggs

gerry37

Hatching
Mar 16, 2015
Hello everyone!!
smile.png
I have eggs in my incubator but there is not any date on them and I have 7 eggs that need to stop being turned and I do not know which ones they are my question is will it hurt my chicks if I do not stop turning them? or is there something I can look for in the egg to see which ones are going to be hatching? Thank you for any help you can give me.
jumpy.gif

Here are some candling pics for you to compare your eggs too. The fuller the egg the closer the egg is to hatch time https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=230

The first 2 weeks of incubation are very important for turning so if you have eggs under 2 weeks I would still turn them. Are you doing all these eggs in the same icubator? If you still have to turn younger eggs and you have an auto turner I would remove this because hatched chicks can so easily become trapped and injure them selves. This would mean you have to hand turn younger eggs which could compromise your humidty for eggs that are hatching because of having to open the incubator. This may or may not affect hatching chicks.

Good luck with your eggs.

sorry its been awhile bout a bad incubatore lots almost every egg i put in. Got another going and yesterday they started hatching. Yay

Congratulations on your hatchers :celebrate They are adorable. Please do watch them with the turner in, they can so easily become trapped in it even if you have turned it off.

If you want to hatch with the eggs upright I would transfer the eggs to cut down egg cartons. This would be far safer than risking getting your beutiful chicks trapped and injured.

Good luck with your new hatchers.

Looks like 2 rails were removed and cartons put in their place, and the turner is still plugged in? So I assume a staggered setting - eggs due on different days? If I am correct, how are you handling humidity?

Back
Top Bottom