Eggshell Seed Starters

Chicky Tocks

Crowing
14 Years
Oct 20, 2008
Benton, Arkansas
Just came across this and thought CUTE! I'm going to start some garden plantlets in a few of my own and see how well this will work.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Eggshell_Seed_Starters/

FILKLRKFROAAMDI.MEDIUM.jpg

you know I have always used the cartons to start seeds then just cut them out and planted carton and all! but the idea of using the eggshell that is the best! the shell so good for the plants!

keep us posted on how this works for you

in the mean time I am going to try it as well

thanks for the great idea!

GREAT!!! I saw this idea years ago, and had completely forgotten about it until I saw your pics!!! That is the neatest idea, and CHEAP!!! I want to order that thing from PineTree Seeds that you make your starting pots out of newspapers with. You twist it on them somehow and it makes a completely plantable pot. And if you don't have enough newspapers, you always know someone who does . . .

Gosh I actually couldn't tell you how I found it! LOL I was just sneaky surfing garden stuff this morning at work and came across it. It's a great site and I've only just scratched the surface of it, but when I came across the eggshell seed starters, I knew this was something that would fit in nicely at BYC.

I never could make this work for me... plants dried out too soon and it was tough watering them individually.
If someone solves these problems, could you post it?

Quote:
What a neat idea and would be so much fun for the kids to do! Especially with Easter right around the corner!

Thanks for sharing that!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom