Eggsplosion

GACarpMAN

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 2, 2014
On day 20 I had an egg explode. I have chicks running around the incubator to dry off. Also have more eggs pipping and trying to hatch. What is the best course of action? New to hatching my own.

Last edited:
Ahh! That's no good! I honestly don't know what to do but I'd like to find out too. If I were you I would get a warm wet wash cloth and wipe the eggs..maybe just not where there pipped unless some got on there. Wipe the walls down and stuff, as for the chickies as long at there's no grossness on there faces or bums Id let them be till there all hatched and able to be move to the brooder then get a little warm water and dish soap on a rag and wipe em down. Eapecialy there feet if they were walking in the egg crap. Make aure the brooding area is eapecialy warm so they can dry quickly and not catch a chill. You could also put a small towel in the microwave for 30 sec or in the dryer and put them on that to dry and put that in the brooder for a little while. Good luck! Hope there all healthy and thriving!

Sorry to hear about the explosion. The good news is that the explosion happend at a better time as the eggs are pipping and you have live chicks so the egg crap isnt going to harm the chicks dramatically as they are not at such a vunerable stage i would just take the live chicks out asap and quickly remove any chicks that hatch after . They need to spend the least amount of time in there as they possibly can . wipe any egg crap you can possibly reach without moving or disturbing the eggs to much , the thorough clean will have to wait until all the chicks have hatched . hope all goes well :fl . keep us updated !! :D

Back
Top Bottom