Eggtopsy help

DovesFlock

Songster
Aug 31, 2023
This v I know was supposed to hatch today but didn’t. It popped and zipped then stoped and never broke out. No noise no movement no breathing.

This is the pic I took after breaking it out of the egg and membrane. The humidity kept good as I kept a constant eye on it even stay up to make sure it was cometiste for the hatch.
9919C062-3511-4B10-8E12-083DE022AF67.jpeg

I moved the head from under the wing to better position it to see the belly

This v I know was supposed to hatch today but didn’t. It popped and zipped then stoped and never broke out. No noise no movement no breathing.

This is the pic I took after breaking it out of the egg and membrane. The humidity kept good as I kept a constant eye on it even stay up to make sure it was cometiste for the hatch.
View attachment 3645822
I moved the head from under the wing to better position it to see the belly
It's not common for them to make it this far, then die after zipping, but the one I killed was shrink-wrapped. I wait until the second day and didn't realize it was pipped on the bottom. So when I took all the other chicks out, I took my time as I thought the two eggs left in there were duds. But that one wasn't, so I caused it to shrink-wrap unbeknownst to me. Any chance that's what happened to yours?

He looks like he wasn't quite ready to come out of the egg yet, as that's part of the yolk he was still absorbing. So if it wasn't shrink-wrapped, then perhaps he just couldn't finish. A "failure to thrive," it's sometimes called.

It still sucks, though, I know! So sorry!

It's not common for them to make it this far, then die after zipping, but the one I killed was shrink-wrapped. I wait until the second day and didn't realize it was pipped on the bottom. So when I took all the other chicks out, I took my time as I thought the two eggs left in there were duds. But that one wasn't, so I caused it to shrink-wrap unbeknownst to me. Any chance that's what happened to yours?

He looks like he wasn't quite ready to come out of the egg yet, as that's part of the yolk he was still absorbing. So if it wasn't shrink-wrapped, then perhaps he just couldn't finish. A "failure to thrive," it's sometimes called.

It didn’t seem shrink wrapped. I hadn’t had a problem with drop of humidity so much as an increase. It seemed to have just not been ready for some reason. The other eggs with it stopped (I checked after the eggtopsy) sometimes close to day 20 as they were still absorbing the yolk.

The chick that was zipping seemed to not be finished near it’s bottom/tummy area.

It here’s what it looked like when I first pulled it out. I had to pull off the inner membrane that was covered in veins.
FBAC4330-B7AA-4956-AF7C-BC5550310F01.jpeg

Thank you for your help and kind words by the way. It’s my first time hatching eggs so this really helped a lot!

Back
Top Bottom