Eggwithdrawal for Neosproin?

AnimaLover1

Hatching
Jul 23, 2021
Hello,

I am currently treating my four hens for bumblefoot (on every single foot!) and recently learned on here that I can use Neosporin without pain killers on my hens. The Neosporin that I have is Neosporin with painkiller but it is Paramoxine HCI, which I have read on here that it is safe to use. Since Neosporin is an antibiotic, my main question is, will I have to have an egg withdrawal period for my eggs and how long? I wasn't able to find a post about egg withdrawal when using Neosporin.

Thank you for your time! :)

Pramoxine or pramocaine is not good to use on chickens. That is an ingredient occasionally in hemorrhoid ointment, and most pain killers like that ( lidocaine, benzocaine, and others) are not safe in chickens especially in large amounts. Vet sometimes use some in surgery on chickens, but they should be avoided, just to be safe. Plain Neosporin topical ointment has no egg withdrawal that I know of.

Pramoxine or pramocaine is not good to use on chickens. That is an ingredient occasionally in hemorrhoid ointment, and most pain killers like that ( lidocaine, benzocaine, and others) are not safe in chickens especially in large amounts. Vet sometimes use some in surgery on chickens, but they should be avoided, just to be safe. Plain Neosporin topical ointment has no egg withdrawal that I know of.
Ohhh, thank you for this information. I read on a thread that it was safe to use, I guess it is always best to get a second opinion. :) I will have to get some plain Neosporin then. Thank you for answering my question!

Back
Top Bottom