1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Eggzilla!?**Egg Pic Thread!!!** Post your pics impressive, or not!!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by jfulcher, Aug 8, 2011.

1. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    [​IMG]
    Mine aren't as big, but after seeing your quarter size up to eggs I had to do it [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    [​IMG]

pretty eggs, nice blotching. very nice size for first eggs!

what color is your bird?

3. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    to, humbly, help cast some limelight on our little friends the Coturnix Quail.

don't mean to egg-jack your thread Jfulcher [​IMG]

just got this one today.

[​IMG]

largest from the past week. looks to be same hen though.

[​IMG]

posted this one a lil while ago.

[​IMG]

these were too small to incubate for the project. re-post but spreading the Quail word!

[​IMG]

another 20 grams, but may have been a 2 day project for a different hen.

[​IMG]

4. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:Tuxedo [​IMG] they are my first since getting the birds... I am unsure how many she has laid prior to this.. She is about 3 months old give or take..

5. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:No issues here.. Post as many pics as you like! ^_^
    I was just shocked to see an egg that big, mind you I am used to button eggs LOL!!!

6. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    woulda never guessed tuxedo... I always forget them, how about a pic of the bird?

anyone else got pics of Quail eggs? I've seen them posted here or there. we need a thread for Quail egg pics [​IMG]

Jfulcher got a good start here...

[​IMG]

7. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    hmm seems to be the normal size for eggs here on our farm. my A&Ms average 14 grams on their eggs. with the occasional 16-17 was the max i believe. and it WAS NOT a db!! im not big on taking pictures of everything and posting but im going to have too i suppose for people to beleive it...jfulcher if your eggs are that decent sized from the start then you should be getting some big boys for the norm. i'v never heard my quail make noises laying eggs either. you may have been hearing her chirping or "growling" at the others while they were approaching her laying... then again i dont really watch them lay and nor have i ever seen one lay. i'v walked away and came back and there were eggs. they drop them wherer they please most of the time.. not much different then going to the LAV. [​IMG]

8. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Here is a pic of "Marge", "Homer, "Bart", and "Milhouse":(she is the one on the left you can see her front; this is b4 we knew there were 3 males*groans*)
    [​IMG]
    Here is a hack pic of her before I have had my coffee this Morning.. Lights still dim in here..:
    [​IMG]
    Another pic of before she was seperated with the best male:(waiting for more females to hatch! I have 22 coturnix eggs in the bator and I have 3doz in transit to me atm)
    [​IMG]
    Edit: 2nd to the left not full left... Thats I think Milhouse on the far left..

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  9. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Here's a pic of the true first egg she laid with me.. But it got eaten... By a CAT!!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:INDEED!!! We do need an egg thread here!!! For hatching, boiling [​IMG] , whatever! HEAR THAT people? Post your egg PICS!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I look forward to seeing more!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by