1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Eggzilla!?**Egg Pic Thread!!!** Post your pics impressive, or not!!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by jfulcher, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    Quote:honestly i think quail eggs are much softer in texture then chicken eggs

2. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712

Sounds tasty! Planning on using quail eggs as a snack for my son at school. Perfect finger foods for a preschooler! And such good nutrition!

3. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    my 3yr old loves them, he would eat 20 of them if you let him

4. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:My 4yr old can eat like it's going out of style LOL!!! So I would imagine he could do that too!

5. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    One of my customers bought some eating quail eggs and his son was in the back, hardly 3 years old, but prying to get to the front seat to get the eggs. I hear "they aren't even cooked yet!" Some kids LOVE quail eggs! [​IMG]

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Humongous button quail egg with 'normal' coturnix eggs
    [​IMG]

Normal button egg, humongous button egg, with coturnix eggs
    [​IMG]

Coturnix eggs with bantam hen egg
    [​IMG]

7. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    great pics, would like the bantam/quail combo omelet please...[​IMG]

8. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY

I wouldn't know. I have an even lower tolerance for Quail eggs than I do for chicken eggs. Chicken eggs only make my throat burn (with the occasional hives breakout), but Quail eggs make my skin go numb if any of the white or yolk gets on me. [​IMG]

9. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I could make you one with some of these if she wasn't playing mom. This egg is a pullet egg from a silver blue OEGB. She laid at least 9 eggs this size before they got 'bigger', though bigger still doesn't mean much in this case. Her first few eggs were about the size of the eggs my ringneck doves lay. And yes, that is a penny [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I believe this one was first or second egg, the above pic was closer to when they started to get 'bigger'
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  10. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:YOU SELL EATING EGGS!!!! AND WHY HAVEN'T YOU SHARED THIS WITH ME!?!?!?!?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by