1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Eggzilla!?**Egg Pic Thread!!!** Post your pics impressive, or not!!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by jfulcher, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    Quote:YOU SELL EATING EGGS!!!! AND WHY HAVEN'T YOU SHARED THIS WITH ME!?!?!?!?

i'm assuming...non-fertile

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:YOU SELL EATING EGGS!!!! AND WHY HAVEN'T YOU SHARED THIS WITH ME!?!?!?!?

i'm assuming...non-fertile

I believe they are fertile but they are the same price as hatching eggs.

3. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Either way if someone sells me some eggs I wanna eat em.. If I stick any of the ones I have in a pot to boil I will be crunching bones........ Icky.. [​IMG]

4. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    Quote:No, no bones. Eggs dont start to develop, cell division, till heat is applied. like momma sitting on'em. If your eggs have been, on the counter top, or in the frig, you can eat them just like a store bought egg. The only way you can tell its a fertile egg is you crack it open, and look at the yoke. There is a tiny white spot there, like a pin point. In a few days after be'ing laid, this will look like a small target. As in a faint ring around it if its fertile. Eat some quail eggs!! Bill

5. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:No, no bones. Eggs dont start to develop, cell division, till heat is applied. like momma sitting on'em. If your eggs have been, on the counter top, or in the frig, you can eat them just like a store bought egg. The only way you can tell its a fertile egg is you crack it open, and look at the yoke. There is a tiny white spot there, like a pin point. In a few days after be'ing laid, this will look like a small target. As in a faint ring around it if its fertile. Eat some quail eggs!! Bill

Well the ones my quail female just laid I am storing for fertility testing in a few days... The rest of the eggs I have are in the bator and well... Lets just say it would be icky FOR ME to eat them..... 6+ days in the bator nuh uh u can eat em I wont...

6. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks

Well the ones my quail female just laid I am storing for fertility testing in a few days... The rest of the eggs I have are in the bator and well... Lets just say it would be icky FOR ME to eat them..... 6+ days in the bator nuh uh u can eat em I wont...

I mis read your post, I wouldnt be in line eat eggs in the bator for 6 days either. I took this and a question..."If I stick any of the ones I have in a pot to boil I will be crunching bones...." Bill

7. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:Well the ones my quail female just laid I am storing for fertility testing in a few days... The rest of the eggs I have are in the bator and well... Lets just say it would be icky FOR ME to eat them..... 6+ days in the bator nuh uh u can eat em I wont...

I mis read your post, I wouldnt be in line eat eggs in the bator for 6 days either. I took this and a question..."If I stick any of the ones I have in a pot to boil I will be crunching bones...." Bill

Ahh no biggie. Yeah I would dare my brothers to eat them probably.. And they probably would too.. Balut quail style!!!

8. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Lets see your eggs JJ [​IMG]

9. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    I found some eggs to post...hehee These are from the eggs that did not hatch. I separated the larger and smaller eggs into different hatching trays. These are probably no where near the giants you all have posted..anyway here is another pic. These are Texas A & M eggs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Have any of you ever heard of chicks mating???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by