EGSS ON A PLANE ?

poulet

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
I am flying to England from France in a couple of weeks , I have a friend with lots of rare breed chickens and she will happily give me some eggs to incubate.
The problem is I don't think I can take them in hand luggage and in the hold it gets below freezing.
I thought about wrapping them in polystyreen in a cool bag or even putting them in an empty themos flask.
Has anyone ever done this or got any ideas as to how I could protect them ( the flight is only 1hour 30mins)
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
The flight isn't long enough to worry about this.

Baggage Handlers are a different matter. Wrap the eggs individually, and well, and make sure they are Hand Inspected. You do not want these eggs going through the X-Ray machine.

Just tell the staff at the Check-In desk, and they will tell you what to do.

It may not be legal to "import" agricultural products... Especially this day and age, when avian flu is a concern. Better check with the US Dept. of Agriculture.

ha. my friend just took 5 doz eggs from my chickens on a plane because she can't get good eggs where she lives. She had a carryon cooler with food and other stuff in it that she wrapped the 5 doz inside and also put bubble wrap around them.

It could be illegal as we can't take any dairy products cheese etc .
How would an x ray harm them ?

Quote:
What will the x ray machine do to them ? I think everything has to go through it

X-rays kill the embryo.

Remember IF where you live it is found to be illegal to import/export eggs this way and you get caught there is often more than just a fine.

Back
Top Bottom