Egyptian Fayoumi Thread

Egyptian Fayoumi (or Bigawi) from feathersite.com

A breed raised along the Nile since B.C. times. Similar info on weight, maturity as already posted. Legs Willow Green or Slate Blue, neck quite long, and very high, almost vertical, tail carriage.

A flighty bird, but not people aggressive and roosters usually tolerant to other roosters.

So I am thinking sort of looking at pictures and reading descriptions if I where to breed these assuming I have a boy and girls (I actually should have a rooster as I ordered one). I want to select for long legs, up right bodies, long necks, good serrated upright straight combs, dark dark brown eyes, willow or slate legs, light weight birds… definitely a clean racer look to this breed.

I will if there is a rooster experiment with some crossing too.

Yeah I wanted to breed some pure and cross with Olive Eggers and Naked Necks… I’ve got a few of the Crested Olive Eggers and Naked Necks left… so this next spring reorder chicks, hatching eggs and maybe gsome various chicks from feed stores….

Yeah I am looking at the hatcheries we ordered from earlier this year, and will figure out an order for next year… the super rare breeds that got killed I will have to order hatching eggs.

Going to reevaluate the flock breeds we have and have had too. But I do want to breed this breed. Definitely I want eggs so wanted to get a nice flock established.

Back
Top Bottom