Egyptian Fayoumis Thread!

Pics
Hey guys I need a little advice. My fayoumi doesn't seem to be herself today, as fayoumi owners I'm sure you know how active they are as a breed. Today mine seems to be sleeping/laying down more than normal. Usually when I bring treats into the pen all of my chickens come to get some but today everyone but her came to get their mealworms. She does get up and run from me when I walk over to her but she was actually laying in the coop instead of outside when I went out to check on them around 11am. She is almost three months old so maybe she is starting to feel the change of maturity coming? My roo has been laying next to her pretty much all day. Also the only other changes that have happened in the last few days is that the temp outside has been wonky. I live in Az and it was in the high 80's low 90's range and then yesterday is was cold, rainy and really windy all day, so maybe the temperature fluctuation threw her off? Also the run has a bunch of big red ants in it today, so maybe she tried one and got zapped? She ate her fermented feed this morning with everyone else and I did manage to get her to take a small treat from my hand. I didn't feel any crop issues and everything else on her looked normal, and she did still put up a fuss when I held her and then she went and pecked at a few pieces of oatmeal when I put her down, before laying down with the rooster again. She will occasionally peck at the ground a bit while laying there but is mostly just looking like she is falling asleep. I'm worried and hopefully just being paranoid.
I have had to treat for coccidiosis at that age before. See if she has any diarrhea (doesn't have to be bloody).

I have had to treat for coccidiosis at that age before. See if she has any diarrhea (doesn't have to be bloody). 

I don't see any diarrhea, the closest thing I see is what I'm pretty certain is fecal poop. I saw two droppings under their roost that were pretty much normal, that had a slight bit of blood in them which I'm guessing is just intestinal lining judging by the quantity. I'll try to attach pics but I'm on my phone so it may not work. I did notice a very watery poop about a week ago but it was on a very hot day, they had drank a lot and they ate a bunch of watermelon. I checked the area she has been laying in today and there were a few poops around the area (no telling which were hers) but they were all solid normal looking poops. When I came over she got up and ran from me again but this time she went over to the fermented feed I had just set down for their dinner and started eating, then she hunted around the ground a bit looking for left over snacks. She also keeps holding one foot up for a second every few steps so I'm wondering if maybe she landed rough when she decided to fly off of her perch out of the coop this morning instead of flying down to the soft bedding first. Her comb and waddles don't look pale at all and she isn't staying fluffed up when she's laying down. It is much cooler today than it has been lately and she is a pretty small bird so maybe she is chilly? She seemed much more perked up when I went out again so hopefully she was just resting.

One of the poops from the area she has been laying. Sorry to flood with poop pics but my phone won't let me attach more than one. Also I forgot to add that they were vaccinated. I know it's not 100% though.

Last edited:
new to having Egyptian Fayoumis I got two from the feed store along with some other chicks I think the white one is a roo... but could be wrong what do you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom