Egyptian geese

Discussion in 'Geese' started by animals1981, Mar 10, 2009.

1. animals1981

animals1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    Toronto
    Can the smaller egyptian geese really be a threat to adult chinese geese and adult muscovy ducks? I have a hard time believing such a small waterfowl would cause much problems for bigger more aggressive birds!

2. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    I had a pair that killed one of my sebastopol geese. they really are crazy. I would keep them locked up....JMHO

3. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
  4. mothergoose

mothergoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    Yes, especially during breeding season. Egyptian geese are very aggressive. The females can be just as aggressive as the males too. We keep ours penned seperatly from everything else. They will even be mean to other egyptians. Even if raised together. Usually best if kept in mated pairs. We even had a pair that where raised together and had always been fine then one day the male just started being very aggressive with the female and would not let up. We sold that male and the female is mateless and happily living with our flock of runners. She is very sweet, but our other egyptians will not accept her...she is the ugly duckling! (but a truley beautiful white egyptain!)
    Christie [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by