Electric fencing

cincyfarmgirl

Songster
Aug 26, 2019
Ohio
I already have horse wire fencing around my pastures, But I’d like to secure the bottom a little better as there are gaps so I’m just considering running a line of electric around the bottom. Someone please advise me what I should be looking for in order to do this and is there certain voltage or whatever of Electric that is suitable for Nigerian dwarf goats and chickens? I’d like it to be solar. I have seen electric fences that seem to be tape and have solar with them. Again is there a certain voltage I’d be looking for to remind my chickens and my baby goats to not escape.

Goats are stubborn, and will need a very decent amount of shock to keep them in. IF it were me, I would use the Poly electric rope.
Depending on what brand you get it an be pretty expensive, but we bought multiple roles of your horse fencing, our horses are tough to keep in a fence, and it has worked great so far.
We bought the ones with the copper wire so it would last longer. Heres the brand that we bought- https://www.amazon.com/ElectroBraid...ocphy=9033370&hvtargid=pla-304807116606&psc=1

Back
Top Bottom