1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Electric Poultry netting

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by muircheartaigh, Jan 20, 2014.

1. muircheartaigh

muircheartaigh Chillin' With My Peeps

Does anyone out there in chicken land know if a Gallagher s17 solar energizer works with the Gallagher electrified poultry netting (164' x 48" roll)? I intend on pasturing my heritage breed egg layers this summer in an eggmobile with daylight protection.

All advice is welcome.

2. Dwkuska

Dwkuska Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2012
    Graham Wa
    [​IMG]THey make electrified poultry netting? Lol I can just imagine the next time a bald eagle or possom takes a dive for the coop... ZAP!

3. muircheartaigh

Bazinga! No possums around my parts but maybe the osprey, raccoons, foxes, and mink (weasel family) will get a rude awakening. Remains to be seen.

4. JackE

JackE Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    North Eastern Md.
    I'm not familiar with Gallagher products. But, I do have electrified poultry netting(From Premier), and it works fantastic against ground preds. I have 600' of the netting, powered by a 110VAC Kube charger. With the netting I have, the charger is a pulse type charger. It's not one of those weed burners that is used with a standard wire electric fence. You could always call Gallagher, I'm sure they could give you an answer.

5. muircheartaigh

I've emailed them but have yet to receive a response so I think I will make a phone call to find out about recommendations.

Thanks!

6. Fentress

Fentress Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2012
    Chesapeake, Va.
    "low impedance" I think is the operative term you need to look for which makes it a pulse charger as referenced by JackE above. Premier does have good customer service.

7. muircheartaigh

I'm in Canada and Gallagher comes as the most recommended product for poultry netting and solar chargers. I'll let everyone know what the Gallagher customer service rep. suggests. Thanks again!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by