Electrolights

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by vtara16, Oct 23, 2011.

1. vtara16

vtara16 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2009
    North Hampton
    A friend of mine told me to use electrolights to help make a "pecked" hens feathers grow back fast before winter. I went to the local agway and asked them about electrolights and they looked at me light I had 5 heads. [​IMG]

Can anyone give me some advice. Where do I buy electrolights? Thank you so much.

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I got mine at my Farm supply store. It says Vitamins and Electrolytes on the bottle. It's a powder that you mix with water.

3. petejd

petejd Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2011
    Bluffton, SC.
    I got mine a TSC. Comes in a 3 pack for about 2-3 dollars. They look like yeast packs you get in the grocery store. Mix with water.

4. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Electrolytes are just sugar and salts. They really serve no nutritional value except to a bird that is not eating and is drinking poorly. I think what you are probably looking for is a product called Poultry Drench/NutriDrench, which is a vitamin supplement. It can be found at your local agricultural store. Increased dietary protein is also very helpful during molt in aiding rapid feather regrowth- BOSS, scrambled eggs, bits of lean meat and yogurt in limited quantities are good sources of protein.

Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by