Electrolytes?

4Duckssofar

Chirping
Apr 16, 2021
Hi, I have a 10 week old Aylesbury duck with a limp. Im already doing water therapy every day, also soaking her legs in Epsom salt, separated her from everyone else (although they can still see each other) and she has aspirin and vitamin b complex. Can I give her poultry cider vinegar? Will this help? Also I’ve seen electrolytes mentioned. I’m in the UK so not sure what I’m looking for or how much to give? Can anyone help please?

Has she broken her leg? She may need more intensive treatment than electrolytes.
Don’t think it’s broken. She’s let me feel it all over for broken bones and when I was moving it around she was fine. She swims perfectly too, zooming up and down the bath. She can stand on it but it’s walking that’s the problem.

Time and rest will ultimately be the best treatment for an injury.
You have provided several additional measures that will hasten healing, so at this point, you'll just need to wait.
Most birds dislike the taste of vinegar, so I think I would personally avoid it for now. Obviously, if the other ones are pushing her around, you'll want to focus on fixing that as well or reinjury will be bound to occur.

Back
Top Bottom