Eletric Fencing?

thanks for reply,i am putting up feild fence and putting up elec. fence on outside.this is to keep the dogs coyote foxes bobcats etc.

We have used electric poultry netting from Premier for years, and so far the only birds that have gotten out are a) the ones who have slipped out when snow has weighed it down, b) a flighty leghorn that has flown over, and c) a sneaky bird who got past me when I was leaving.

We like it a lot. You do have to keep the grass well-mowed or treated so it won't grow. But otherwise it's wonderful stuff indeed. Keeps the neighbor dogs out, and the chickens in.

I just bought another net fence for my meaties :) I LOVE these fences! I bought both of mine at FarmTek . They are online and have a catalog too. It was $189.95 without shipping and handling. I got a $10 off a purchase of $75+ on the back of the catalog :)

thanks for help on this matter i have put up a fence around the coop and lot and elec fence around three places .my dogs and my sons dogs just cant figure out why they cant get close to pen. now the hawks are starting to hang around.well thats whole new problem.again thanks for help and comments. really enjoy being this alot of helpful people here.
wee.gif

Here's an amusing tale of 'serves her right'.

A property owner here in Thailand erected an electric fence to prevent intruders from climbing in over her wall. She connected it to the mains supply. Someone climbed the wall one night, was electrocuted and died. Now that's regarded as a step too far in defending your property even though you can shoot intruders.

The police decided to look around her property and found that she was growing marijuana.

I have heard about keeping a couple geese in with your flock as a hawk deterrent. Supposedly a hawk is less likely to attack if there's a bird twice its size in the same area.

Unfortunately I don't have any personal experience to say its true or not. Best of luck to you. Give your birds some cover to run under.

Thanks for all the replies, a lot of people thought I meant electric wiring, I meant electric net fencing, but anyway thanks for the feedback, we may just go through with it,.

Trefoil Said:
I would really like to know if the wood line thing actually works

Again...

I'm am talking about netting only! I don't care about solutions to wire fencing, although I admit, it was kinda stupid to not clarify that in the begginig...

so please! solutions using netting only.

Back
Top Bottom