Elvis is dying

adcgroup

Songster
10 Years
Nov 30, 2009
For at least several days it seems that Elvis has been lethargic and much less active. I had the girls put vinegar in his water a couple of days ago, but I don't know if he drank any. We were out of town over the weekend and he seemed to just be standing around before we left.

This evening, the girls found him fallen over (legs to the side) on the ground and vomiting a dark brownish somewhat translucent liquid. He has had the 'death gasp' as well. Upon occasion, he has gotten upright and they said he even stood once, but I don't know if he's too far gone.

His crop doesn't feel full or squishy.

Any ideas?

I've read vinegar, olive oil, baking soda, and more, but he is virtually unresponsive at this point - seems too late to me, but I don't want to give up if there's some "miracle cure" out there.

He was 'vomiting' a brown liquid, but the smell was not overly bad - but it smelled like anything you would expect to be coming up from internal alimentary workings. He was crowing a few days ago, but now is mostly unresponsive. I tried a diluted vinegar solution down his throat and he did have enough strength to shake his head and sneeze, but other than that is just setting there with what now seems to be labored breathing. I've put him in a warm place for the night.

Here he is in better days. He's only about 2-1/2 years old and with his sweet disposition, we'd hoped to have more years than that with him.

Back
Top Bottom