email notifications stopped??

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by erinszoo, Sep 17, 2014.

1. erinszoo

erinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    North Central Oklahoma
    I have been getting email notifications for my threads for a long time now and suddenly a few days ago they quit. I noticed when I went into my threads and posted something, that I had to click each one to get notified of responses, so I did but I'm still not getting notifications for them.

Often the only time I have to peruse the forums is when I don't have access to my computer, but rather my tablet and to do so I go through my email notifications and click on the links.

Is there a main setting somewhere that I need to change so I can get my email again? Or is this a problem with the server or what?

Thanks

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Hmmm... looks like the last email sent to you was on the 13th.

Do you have an example topic where you used to get alerts / notifications but aren't any more?

Anybody else have problems getting subscription emails from us?

3. erinszoo

Jun 28, 2011
    North Central Oklahoma
    I used to get email notifications for all the threads I was subscribed to - Okies in the BYC, What are you canning now, Who's living frugal, etc. I just went into my settings page and reset my preferences tonight so we'll see if they start up again.

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

@erinszoo It looks like two emails were sent to you today and a few sent and clicked yesterday. If you aren't getting them, it might be your email account or provider blocking them... but we're sending them. :)

5. erinszoo

Jun 28, 2011
    North Central Oklahoma
    Yeah, I got a few today after I reset my account settings. Not sure what happened but I'm glad its working again. Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by