Emden Goose not acting like herself

tumichele

Hatching
Nov 19, 2015
I have a 6 year old goose that has been very depressed. .not eating right and very watery poop. I am taking her to the vet tomorrow. .she acts like she wants to eat but then spits,her food out..almost like she has a sore throat.

I have a 6 year old goose that has been very depressed. .not eating right and very watery poop. I am taking her to the vet tomorrow. .she acts like she wants to eat but then spits,her food out..almost like she has a sore throat.
@tumichele Very good idea to get her to a vet. She may have eaten something that hasn't agreed with her or she could have an infection. I wish you the best and please let us know.

Welcome to BYC

Well she said that the prognosis is not good. . She has some major abnormalities in the tissue in her ovaduct. She said tumors.. she gave me antibiotics and pain killer with anti inflammatory. . I have to force feed her in the am if she won't eat.. she showed me how but I'm really nervous about it..I'm absolutely heartbroken. She was such a good girl today

Last edited:
Well she said that the prognosis is not good. . She has some major abnormalities in the tissue in her ovaduct. She said tumors.. she gave me antibiotics and pain killer with anti inflammatory. . I have to force feed her in the am if she won't eat.. she showed me how but I'm really nervous about it..I'm absolutely heartbroken. She was such a good girl today
@tumichele I'm so sorry to hear this. A member here has made up an emergency thread just for times like this @casportpony she will actually work with you on tube feeding if you want to pm her. she is awesome..here is the link to her thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...mergency-and-supportive-care-updated-1-3-2016 there is a section on tube feeding.

Please keep us updated and we'll help with prayer and thoughts, any time you want to just come here and share your feelings. That is what we're here for too.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Poor thing! I find tube feeding to be really easy and quick. Less traumatic to everyone and you know that the meds made it down. Are you going to have to give her pill or liquid? Can the meds be crushed or must they be given whole?

Welcome to BYC! Let me know if you need help tube feeding and I'll be happy to help you here or on the phone. @needlessjunk is also a good person to talk to about tubing.

-Kathy

We have successfully feeding done after getting it EVERYWHERE..I need a good concoction of easily tubed diet.. she took ithe really well and it wasn't as hard as I thought.. how about baby food in the jars?

Back
Top Bottom