EMERGENCY: Broody killed all chicks but one egg. Still hope?

Has it pipped externally? If not opening the incu wont be a problem. Maybe move the sponge below one of the vent holes if you dont want to mess with it that way you can dump water onto it if you need to.

The egg is in the incubator now. It is definitely alive and peeping. I am concerned because all the other eggs hatched and this one has not pipped yet as far as I can see (they were all set at the exact same time). Do you think I should make a safety hole?
Thanks

Last edited:
The egg is in the incubator now. It is definitely alive and peeping. I am concerned because all the other eggs hatched and this one has not pipped yet as far as I can see (they were all set at the exact same time). Do you think I should make a safety hole?
Thanks
If you think you should. Has the chirping been getting weaker or is it still as loud as it was before? Does the egg still rock around?

You might not notice a pip they can be just tiny cracks.

The chirping is normal and the egg is still rocking. I maybe can see a pip? It is so hard to see because the egg is really dirty from the unsuccessful hatch.

The chirping is normal and the egg is still rocking. I maybe can see a pip? It is so hard to see because the egg is really dirty from the unsuccessful hatch.
If it seems to get quieter or weaker make a safety hole. Otherwise give it time it would suck to have it get shrink wrapped because it had already pipped and you just couldnt see it.

The chick just hatched! I am totally new to this...What should I do next? What temp should the incubator be at? It is at 100.4 right now. When should I move the chick to the brooder?

Back
Top Bottom