EMERGENCY - chick born with a yolk sack - it burst, is there any way to help?

They do seem a lot more lively, they also arent bleeding, they just have those two things attached to them which is why I have been keeping them still unless they themselves move
No i did not help it get out of the shell, it was pratically out and while i did pick it up to see if it needed help, i put it back down once i saw the sack, now the nest is covered in blood and the yolk, the chick is very weak, is there any way to help it recover or is that just a sure death?
Based on the first message ( see above) you wrote the nest is covered in blood... That's why I said it

You say that the bleeding stopped, and your chick is trying to walk around. I think there’s a good chance for him/her to be okay now. Continue to update us.

Update- it is now 11:21 pm, the chick is still alive and under their mom, they're way smaller than the rest (probably born prematurely as i had thought) tomorrow morning ill give another update

Update- it is now 11:21 pm, the chick is still alive and under their mom, they're way smaller than the rest (probably born prematurely as i had thought) tomorrow morning ill give another update
Thank you very much for the update. I’m glad to know that the chick is doing better. ❤ As long as the mother is keeping the chick warm and safe, then it has a good chance. Just monitor to make sure that it isn’t being pushed out of the nest or getting trampled. If that’s the case, sharing a brooder box with a sibling would be safest for the chick (since this particular chick is smaller, weaker, and had a rough start) This is ONLY my opinion…. I’m not one for taking chances though. Have a great night!

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the update. I’m glad to know that the chick is doing better. ❤ As long as the mother is keeping the chick warm and safe, then it has a good chance. Just monitor to make sure that it isn’t being pushed out of the nest or getting trampled. If that’s the case, sharing a brooder box with a sibling would be safest for the chick (since this particular chick is smaller, weaker, and had a rough start) This is ONLY my opinion…. I’m not one for taking chances though. Have a great night!
Sadly the chick passed away this morning :( but the other ones are all doing fine, they were pratically all born at least 1 day apart, (one has been born for 4 days!) And we had to take the younger chicks in with us til theyre stronger

Back
Top Bottom