EMERGENCY! Chick

No, I know what size blueberries are, but I don't know what that means for a yolk to be that size. My chicks either hatch without a yolk, die after absorbing it all the way min the egg, or don't make it to lockdown. So it could be 6 days from hatching or an hour and i can't help with that
Ok, thank you, though!

IMG_20211018_172015.jpg

Maybe someone knows? This is about the size of the yolk sack compared to the size of an egg. (Bantam.) And more importantly, you can also see my beauterful toes in the corner there. :lol:

Last edited:
When I applied coconut oil to the membrane just now I looked and the blood veins seem to be disappearing. Does this mean that it might hatch soon? :D

Give it a big longer, watch for any chewing motions, or signs it’s absorbing the yolk sack. Any chance you can run out and get an incubator?
Future reference, candle befor egg opening. Than post candling pics here if you aren’t sure.
Yes, I'm trying to see if it will absorb it's yolk sack. I can't see it moving anymore, though. :(
Sadly there are no good incubators at our local farm stores.
I did candle, and it seemed like it was like the other eggs that were dead or infertile. I will definitely post pictures of candling in the future.

The only thing I can think of that hasn’t been said already is maybe if you have any sort of recording of its mama it would encourage it? IDK if that actually works but that’s what I could think of. Wishing you a good outcome :fl
I have a video of mom making noise, so I could try that if it even still is alive.

Back
Top Bottom