EMERGENCY!! Chicken's eggs ALL broken by skunk or what predator??!!

Depending on you state rules (or how willing you are to violate them), you could live trap the skunk and kill it...or.... use a trap that kills.

I will live trap and then shoot from a distance with a 22.

Skunks got 26 of my chicks this year.

You could also buy a high powered pellet gun, one from a sporting goods store and wait for the skunks and spotlight with a headlamp and shoot it.
Wow, thats dangerous, I honestly will try to trap it and release it somewhere?? I still haven't found the right solution yet.

Thanks,
Valerie

I'm not sure what you mean by "Do you she a picture of you coop set up."? Yes when I say coop I mean coop with a run but a small one I always fence them in my plant yard (with like lemon trees and apple trees.) I don't let them play in their run since it's too tight, instead I let them out (kind of like free ranging them, but in a apple & lemon tree plant area.)

MY COOP LOOKS LIKE THE ONE BELOW:
Ok, well the coop has a hen box already. And I know it is bad but if you can’t find anyone to lock then in then you might have to keep them in their run/coop. Since it is only 4 girls they can survive a week. They will be upset though. It is your decision .

Back
Top Bottom