Emergency! Constipated/Eggbound Hen? Please Help! Pics!

I checked her belly and it doesn't feel as full of fluid. It feels almost swollen.
I do not know what is wrong with your chicken, but from experience if there is fluid in the abdomen it won't feel squishy;it will feel hard.I had a hen that would retain fluid in her abdomen quite often and it always felt hard.I would have to take her to a vet to get it drained. As far as finding a vet I would google exotic pet vets. Although a hour away that is how I finally found a vet that treats chickens.Make sure you read that link that was sent to you by the tube feeding queen casportpony....Sorry I forget your name! She knows her stuff and has helped me tremendously!! Best of Luck!

Last edited:
 I do not know what is wrong with your chicken, but from experience if there is fluid in the abdomen it won't feel squishy;it will feel hard.I had a hen that would retain fluid in her abdomen quite often and it always felt hard.I would have to take her to a vet to get it drained. As far as finding a vet I would google exotic pet vets. Although a hour away that is how I finally found a vet that treats chickens.Make sure you read that link that was sent to you by the tube feeding queen....Sorry I forget your name! She knows her stuff and has helped me tremendously!! Best of Luck!

Thank you! I was wondering about that. I will google.

Did you read the link I sent?

-Kathy

I do not know what is wrong with your chicken, but from experience if there is fluid in the abdomen it won't feel squishy;it will feel hard.I had a hen that would retain fluid in her abdomen quite often and it always felt hard.I would have to take her to a vet to get it drained. As far as finding a vet I would google exotic pet vets. Although a hour away that is how I finally found a vet that treats chickens.Make sure you read that link that was sent to you by the tube feeding queen casportpony....Sorry I forget your name! She knows her stuff and has helped me tremendously!! Best of Luck!

So I googled it and the nearest bird treating vet is about an hour away and I can't get there before they close.

In that link there are two avian vet search links. Did you try either of those?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom