Emergency crop surgery question

Sounds like she coming along like the star she is. Don't forget to keep constantly checking the incision for signs of infection. It's rare, only happened in one case I've assisted with here on BYC. There was swelling and redness, and an oral antibiotic was immediately started, and healing then progressed to its successful conclusion.

Have an antibiotic on hand just in case unless you already have her on one.

Sounds like she coming along like the star she is. Don't forget to keep constantly checking the incision for signs of infection. It's rare, only happened in one case I've assisted with here on BYC. There was swelling and redness, and an oral antibiotic was immediately started, and healing then progressed to its successful conclusion.

Have an antibiotic on hand just in case unless you already have her on one.
I have antibiotics on hand. I would have just done them to be safe but she has dealing with severe sour crop for so long, I fear it would complicate things.
But I just changed her bandage. No redness or swelling. Stitches holding firm. Starting to see signs of healing. And she is crazy sassy today. Mad that she is only getting small amounts of food frequently instead of being able to just eat her fill. And mad about being in the cage 😂 she is doing really amazing.

Back
Top Bottom