emergency duck egg rescue incubation

Thanks so much, I been messing with it all night and most of the day now I have it some what ok with the temp going up to 99 - 100 and down to 97 so its starting to get better the humility is at 45 to 50 to some times 60. I don't know I have been tapeing un-tapeing all day! No fan! The thing I don't understand is before I found out that the humitiy was way to hight the temp stayed the same 99 it would go down to 98 when I opened it but it stayed the same now that I got the humitity to some what ok the temp just want stay the same. I won't give up yet i just hope to see something when i candle on Saturday day 7! thanks again for your help !!! I will let ya know if I can get it right!

Just an up date on my duck eggs, So I have four eggs a rouen and 3 white creasted, I am happy to say with all the great advice and help I have got the temp to stay at 99 and the humidity goes in the 40-50 which I think thats ok! So I have candled last night 4 days in, I just could not wait I have great news 3 out of the four you can everything even just at day four!!!!
celebrate.gif
yet one I am not sure of but I do think its still early so we will see at day 7!! wish me luck I will keep you posted with pics!!!!

Just an up date on my duck eggs, So I have four eggs a rouen and 3 white creasted, I am happy to say with all the great advice and help I have got the temp to stay at 99 and the humidity goes in the 40-50 which I think thats ok! So I have candled last night 4 days in, I just could not wait I have great news 3 out of the four you can everything even just at day four!!!!
celebrate.gif
yet one I am not sure of but I do think its still early so we will see at day 7!! wish me luck I will keep you posted with pics!!!!

Awesome! Continued luck...! Just keep an eye on those air cells each time you candle.
wee.gif

? I have three duck eggs that are clearly developing at about the same rate but I have one that I can see a heartbeat but it's faint and it's not developing is quicker as the other ones is that possible or do they all develop at the same rate.? They were all put in the incubator at the same time.

? I have three duck eggs that are clearly developing at about the same rate but I have one that I can see a heartbeat but it's faint and it's not developing is quicker as the other ones is that possible or do they all develop at the same rate.? They were all put in the incubator at the same time.

They should develop fairly close I think, but so much happens on any given day, some can lag behind a little, and its really not that far apart from the others, it just looks like it to us. It may also be the angle of your viewing. You may not be seeing everything on the one that you think is behind. Some of the fluids in there are not as easy to see through. So dont worry yet!

Update on my eggs and a question, I candled again last night, day 21 both eggs still show movement but one is almost completely dark and the other has clear spots below the air cell where the duckling is, I can see a lot of veins around the top in this one still and lots of movement, why would one be almost solid dark and the other not? Does it mean one egg is not doing so well and the other is fine? Or maybe they are both fine and just differently positioned in there? I am very nervous that if o my one hatches he or she will be lonely :( any advice or words of wisdom on this?

Back
Top Bottom