EMERGENCY! hatching chicks heater fail

Quote:
sounds like a good plan. I think as long as you keep them warm and have some humidity going, you will make it.

Please keep us posted and good luck
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Quote:
sounds like a good plan. I think as long as you keep them warm and have some humidity going, you will make it.

Please keep us posted and good luck
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

^^^ X2

False alarm. I do hear a few peeps & some pipping. I am hoping that all these up & down temps & movement would sort of mimic nature. If mama goes for her ablutions, she's gotta knock them around a little & temps would also fluctuate. My little chick is fine & not too cold nor too warm & hanging around the eggs. The therm says it's 90F but it isn't directly under the lamp.

Now for planning w hope... I'm worried about the new babies hatching on the wood shavings before they dry. I don't have any type of wire to place in the tub.

This is my 4th hatch. NEVER have I had such troubles. And of course they were the pricey shipped ones!

Quote:
I would pick the eggs up very gently and put paper towels under them. The bottom of my incubator is wire, then I lay a paper towel down and the eggs hatch on the paper towel, they do great.

again, best of luck ........................waiting for updates
pop.gif

OK....UPDATE:
Put a warm, damp kitchen towel on top of the shavings, under the eggs. Looks like 1 is dead with its pecker sticking out of the pip hole. See 2 definitely pipping & alive. Hoping for (please) a few more

I most definitely keep y'all posted as you're officially godparents in my book. THANK YOU ALL.

Back
Top Bottom