Emergency help I dropped a hatching egg

KailaFarmInTheCity

In the Brooder
Sep 22, 2020
Please help what do I do I dropped a hatching egg pretty hard I was moving them to another incubator they are due today should I leave him alone or get him out fast. I do have experience hatching eggs and have had to assist many only lost 2. I’ll attach a pic this just happened 5 min ago please help!!

Attachments

• 12B7A664-8F2C-48E4-A4C8-5DC1EB364BBC.jpeg
    12B7A664-8F2C-48E4-A4C8-5DC1EB364BBC.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 16
Please help any advice I’m literally waiting by my phone 2 have already hatched so he wouldn’t be early if I helped him or should I let him rest

Give him a chance to get out himself. No need to assist unless he really seems like he’s struggling. He might still need a little time to finish absorbing yolk and veins if he wasn’t actively zipping when you dropped the egg.

Ok I will do that then I just checked and he is still moving only a little blood he dropped pretty hard though it was a loud crack when I dropped him there was only a tiny hole and I cracked it that bad.

Is it bleeding a lot or just a tiny bit? He probably hasn’t finished absorbing the veins. If it’s a lot you should try to stop the bleeding, but I don’t see much in the pic. There’s probably not much you can do other than that, and keeping an eye on the membrane to make sure it doesn’t dry out.
Chicks are surprisingly resilient, chances are he’ll be ok.

Thank you so much it’s not bleeding to bad just a bit I don’t think he is ready to come out though so I will watch him I just feel so bad I never handle them but the early ones where trampling them so I made a quick switch and dropped him 😳 poor thing

Back
Top Bottom