EMERGENCY HELP PLEASE?!

Unfortunately I went outside to check on the hens and she had passed away sometime this morning. I am very frustrated that I could not figure out what she had and possibly cure her symptoms and bounce her back to a better state.

Unfortunately I went outside to check on the hens and she had passed away sometime this morning. I am very frustrated that I could not figure out what she had and possibly cure her symptoms and bounce her back to a better state.
I'm so sorry. If you want to send your hen to your state vet to have a necropsy done, go to their website and follow their instructions. Refrigerate her immediately (do not freeze!!). Or you can have a gander at it, there are a lot of good guides.

Based on the described symptoms and lack of laying, I put a reproductive issue at the top of the list of suspects- which are not usually difficult to see. Generally with organ failure you'll have a purple comb and difficulty breathing.

This website has explicit photos of the process if you want to try doing it yourself. And there are many photos on byc as well.

Severe Salpingitis, Possible Reproductive Cancer? (GRAPHIC NECROPSY PHOTOS) | BackYard Chickens - Learn How to Raise Chickens

DIY Chicken Necropsy – Bitchin' Chickens (bitchinchickens.com)

Back
Top Bottom