Emergency incubator for abandoned eggs!

yoopergirl1211

Crowing
5 Years
Dec 12, 2016
Erie PA
Hey guys! Can anyone actually tell me how to assemble an emergency incubator? My banty left three eggs in nest and took off with babies. One already has beak out but has been like that for 5 hours, one has internally pipped l, and one is iffy. Right now I am trying to get them warm again. I have heating pads and heat lamps. I put a warm wet paper towel over them for a bit. Not sure what to do once I get them warm!

Quick?? If you got a heat lamp put them in something like a cardboard box with a thermometer and a small container of water. Poke about 4 holes about the size of your little finger on the side---one on each side at the bottom of the box, and 2 at the top on the sides(one on 2 sides)---cover the top of box with a piece of clear wrap, not the vent holes---shine the light straight in hanging from above the box and keep a close eye on the thermometer until you get the light height adjusted until it reads about 100 degree's on the thermometer. Get busy.

Last edited:
Okay thank you! One hatched and the other one is in my bra chirping like crazy but still no hole in egg. I had to assist the one that hatched because the membrane was super dried out. Not sure if I will have to poke hole so she can get air?

Okay thank you! One hatched and the other one is in my bra chirping like crazy but still no hole in egg. I had to assist the one that hatched because the membrane was super dried out. Not sure if I will have to poke hole so she can get air?
You shouldn't have to. Maybe Amy or other good hands on hatchers will chime in in a fw an give you some suggestions.

Unfortunately I moved the one under broody and the other into my "incubator " and had to leave for a little bit. Had kids checking temp but when I got home it was 118 and both were gone. The one was peeping all day. Sucks knowing its my fault. I need to get an incubator.

Back
Top Bottom