!emergency! Lockdown day 16 or 17? (Chicken eggs)

So that will be the only chick if it hatches? I suggest you get at least one other somehow as they are flock creatures. And do much better in numbers rather than all alone. You can raise them alone just much easier and better for them to have company.
https://www.raising-happy-chickens.com/incubation-day-18.html

I’ve sent you this link to read, it will hopefully ease your anxiety…if nothing else it will take you away from staring at your egg for a while 😂 oh it is so exciting isn’t it! :jumpy I can’t wait until the weather gets better and I can put eggs in.
😂Needed this! Thank you so much for the support 😊 Even though it's stressing it's definitely eggciting! The little floofers don't even know what they put us thru 😂🥰

Hey :) How is it going?
Hi!
Good news , the chick hatched all right yesterday(day 20). It pipped a few cracks and started unzipping right away and within minutes popped out of the egg😂❤️ It was such an exciting and wholesome moment !! 🥺. Now it's just floofing out in the bator☺️ Thank you so much for asking ! Also, do you take your chicks to get vaccinated for mareks at the vet? :wee:hugs
3A85BA0E-3695-4E6D-987A-9151FB4627DA.jpeg
8DE3771C-DD2D-469A-A94B-6DEC43870B32.jpeg
92921413-6FC7-4BE9-99E0-6D496BA03D53.jpeg
9A7272F9-8B86-418C-BDF6-AC81878057DA.jpeg

Hi!
Good news , the chick hatched all right yesterday(day 20). It pipped a few cracks and started unzipping right away and within minutes popped out of the egg😂❤️ It was such an exciting and wholesome moment !! 🥺. Now it's just floofing out in the bator☺️ Thank you so much for asking ! Also, do you take your chicks to get vaccinated for mareks at the vet? :wee:hugsView attachment 2997546View attachment 2997550View attachment 2997548View attachment 2997549
Oh wow! Your baby is absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations 🥳 :wee:celebrateI’m in the Uk, I don’t get my chicks vaccinated, where are you?

So that will be the only chick if it hatches? I suggest you get at least one other somehow as they are flock creatures. And do much better in numbers rather than all alone. You can raise them alone just much easier and better for them to have company.
I understand! I hadn't planned to hatch just one, but it happened.. I definitely agree that they need some friends. I am home everyday so I will constantly be keeping it company. I may get another chick if they have some at our local feed store. 😊

Back
Top Bottom