Emergency my duck has something stuck it throat

ajesus92

Songster
8 Years
Jul 22, 2013
My muscovy duck has something stuck between his throat the poor thing can nearly breath I think it fish bone my nieghbor through yesterday

Last edited:
If you can get to a vet, please do.

If that is not an option, it depends on how it is stuck. If it has gone through the throat, or if it is just lodged in the throat.

Also, it could be a piece of metal or something else, I suppose.

Some folks give their birds a little bit of olive oil to help something that is stuck move down the throat. But you may not want it to move down.

It may take a couple of people, consider stretching the duck's neck straight and see if that dislodges it - the duck may cough it out.

One old-timey solution to fish bone stuck in the throat when I was a kid, was a wadded up piece of white bread. But be careful! You don't want something too big, getting stuck and choking the duck! I would try some peas with olive oil.

If the object has pierced the throat, please get to a vet.

Thank you everyone it turn out to be a big piece of chicken bone. I feed him slice of watermelon to get his throat slippery then I just slowly push it to the top of his neck, he did the rest and throw it up

Some folks give their birds a little bit of olive oil to help something that is stuck move down the throat.  But you may not want it to move down.

It may take a couple of people, consider stretching the duck's neck straight and see if that dislodges it - the duck may cough it out.

One old-timey solution to fish bone stuck in the throat when I was a kid, was a wadded up piece of white bread.  But be careful!  You don't want something too big, getting stuck and choking the duck!  I would try some peas with olive oil.  

If the object has pierced the throat, please get to a vet.

Does it works on ducklings?

Back
Top Bottom