EMERGENCY NEED HELP (fox attack

I’m so sorry about your hen. How is she doing? If a vet is an option, I think you should go that route as soon as you can. Please prepare yourself that they may suggest euthanasia. I’m so sorry to say that and usually do everything I can (including avian veterinary care) for my birds, but without a vent, defecation and egg laying may be problematic. I sincerely hope she proves to be a little miracle chicken and heals up well.

I’m so sorry about your hen. How is she doing? If a vet is an option, I think you should go that route as soon as you can. Please prepare yourself that they may suggest euthanasia. I’m so sorry to say that and usually do everything I can (including avian veterinary care) for my birds, but without a vent, defecation and egg laying may be problematic. I sincerely hope she proves to be a little miracle chicken and heals up well.
Yes she is dropped off at the vet right now. I mena she is still in really good condition she still eating and alert so I’m hoping it doesn’t come to putting her down

View attachment 2430669View attachment 2430670Fox attack got my pekin petal she is still alive thankfully but they’re is a really deep gash around her vent idk what to do her vent is really messed up. It’s 04:41am where I live right now so when the vets open should I take her because I’m freaking out I’m really scared for her
Did you take care of the problem.. i.e. fox? No!? 'I'm a tree huger!'.. Oh, I've huged trees.. I have also hunted and put down predators.. This is just going to repeat and this time you will need no first aid.. Nobody apparently understands the word preditor.. Wether two legged or four and the occasional three. Because you missed the first time.. It's a chicken.. It's a dog.. Its not a human.. If it heals up.. Good.. If 'it' doesn't, put it down to save on it's suffering.. and mourn, been there. Taking a chicken to the vet. Certainly makes his/her vet day luxury car payment or mortgage. I would be the first to admit... I step over ants on the sidewalk.. but if you are in my kitchen or in my walls or rafters.. You got to go.. 'or I do'.. and I'm not movin'.

Did you take care of the problem.. i.e. fox? No!? 'I'm a tree huger!'.. Oh, I've huged trees.. I have also hunted and put down predators.. This is just going to repeat and this time you will need no first aid.. Nobody apparently understands the word preditor.. Wether two legged or four and the occasional three. Because you missed the first time.. It's a chicken.. It's a dog.. Its not a human.. If it heals up.. Good.. If 'it', doesn't put it down to save on it's suffering.. and mourn, been there. Taking a chicken to the vet. Certainly makes his/her vet day luxury car payment or mortgage. I would be the first to admit... I step over ants on the sidewalk.. but if you are in my kitchen or in my walls or rafters.. You got to go.. 'or I do'.. and I'm not movin'.
I know what you mean but normally they are put in a shed at night but petal wasn’t in last night that’s how she got attacked

I know what you mean but normally they are put in a shed at night but petal wasn’t in last night that’s how she got attacked
I gethca.. I no longer freerange as I live off a busy road.. Why did the chicken cross the road? Most times they don't make it.. So have a large run and roost and adjoined egg house.. I'm happy and they're safe, except from one another.. Bears, lions, tigers.. Oh my! Haven't lost one to a predator.. and if they get out.. they can't even find the door to get back in... I chased one down several times.. even tackled em'. Who ever heard of tunnling chickens.. my dogs do the same.. untill I get some patio stones down the dogs live in the house.. and I mean tunneling, they don't just dig under the fence.. Ended up at the neighbors eventually across the street for supper.. hopefully with dressing.. not kidding.

Back
Top Bottom